Posts From the monthly archives: "April 2015"
Get your move off to a smooth start. Here is a small list of things you can do to SPEED up MOVING DAY!
- If you are moving into or out of an Apartment in Calgary ensure you book the elevators ahead of time and for an adequate amount of time. See our post "How long will your move take" for average timeframes based on house size.
- Confirm possession time, have your new house keys and complete required walkthroughs before your reserved moving crew arrives.
- Disclose large items before moving day to ensure movers bring right tools or extra hands if required. Some examples of larger items to disclose are provided below:
- Pianos or Organs
- Pool Tables
- Floor Model Big Screen Televisions
- Workout Equipment
- Use our packing tips and ensure boxes are properly taped closed to avoid damage or injuries on Moving Day.
- Have your belongings packed and ready to go. There is nothing worse than customers paying movers to stand around and wait for customers to finish packing items to load onto the moving truck.
- Know which items will be going, which items are being thrown away, given to charity or staying behind for the new homeowners.
- You would think this would go without saying but you would be surprised. Stay out of the way and let the professionals do their job.
- In addition to the above. Keep children and animals out of the way or try and have them with babysitters or a kennel for the day.
- Shovel sidewalks and steps, salt walkways in winter months. Our friends over at Scoop Cut' N Shovel can help with this.
- Ensure there is adequate parking space for the Moving Truck. If your moving crew has a long walk to and from your home this will result in additional time and overall cost of your move.